Working at Heights Instructor
The Working at Height Instructor course provides learners with the skills and the knowledge required to deliver Working at Height courses along with the ability to inspect and certify harnesses and lanyards. This course covers delivery of the the basics of working at height. It is designed to help individuals work safely while on a ladder, a scaffolding or the roof.
Candidates will learn the necessary skills and knowledge to instruct people in safe Working at Height practices
- Legislation in relation to Health & Safety, Working at Heights and WAH Equipment, Inspection and Certification
- Working at Height Definition
- Hazards, Risks & Control Measures (WAH)
- Ladder Safety Awareness
- Working Safely on Roofs
- Working at Height from MEWPS
- Mobile Access Towers Safety Awareness
- Scaffolding Safety Awareness
- Excavations in relation to Working at Height
- Fall Arrest and Fall Restraint Systems
- Suspension Trauma & Rescue/Emergency Plans
- Inspection, Auditing and Certification of Harness / Lanyard Systems to GA1 Standard.
Participants will learn the necessary skills, knowledge and resources to instruct others in safe Working at Heights practices.
This Course is Designed For:
This course is for persons looking to deliver Work at Height training and who would like to inspect and certify harnesses/ lanyards through a Report of Thorough Examination.
This course is classroom based, it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to This Course:
While pens and paper will be supplied, participants are free to bring their own. It would also be an advantage it participants are comfortable with heights.