Manual Handling Instructors Course QQI Level 6
Our manual handling instructors’ training course will provide delegates with the knowledge and skill to be able to train others in manual handling. This course also provides participants with the ability to manage manual handling risks within their company in line with the new QQI requirements for manual handling instruction.
- Unit 1 – Legislative requirements and health benefit
- Unit 2 – Anatomy and back care
- Unit 3 – Ergonomic principles and risk assessment
- Unit 4 – Manual handling principles and techniques
- Unit 5 – Planning and design of manual handling training programs
- Unit 6 – Delivery of manual handling training
Participants will gain the knowledge and skills needed to enable them to:
- Explain the main components of relevant health and safety legislation and define the main components of the spinal column
- Explain the main risk factors for back injuries related to manual handling and describe the concepts of ergonomics
- Explain the manual handling risk assessment process and be able to carry out manual handling risk assessments
- Describe a range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of injuries
- Apply the main principles of inanimate manual handling to a range of manual handling tasks
- Analyze the learner’s performance of manual handling techniques
- Develop inanimate manual handling training programs
- Deliver effective manual handling training programs
- Give effective instruction in practical manual handling techniques
This Course is Designed For:
- Staff interested in training other staff in Manual Handling.
- Individuals looking to commence a career as a Safety Contractor
This course is classroom-based, it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to This Course:
Participants should wear comfortable clothing for practical activities as extensive moving and stretching will be involved.
||12th, 13th, 14th, 15th & 16th