First Aid Response Refresher
This course is essential to all employers as they must provide adequate numbers of trained occupational first aiders on work premises. This is stated under the 2005 Safety Health and Welfare Act and updated in the May 2008 First Aid Guidelines.
- Assessment, accident scene management
- Traumatic stress
- Circulation, wounds and bleeding
- CPR & AED training
- Fractures, sprains, strains and dislocations
- Burns and scalds, chemical/poisons, electric shock
- Medical emergencies, crush and spinal injuries
- Ensure employees are aware of first aid facilities and arrangements
- Provide recognized occupational first aid systems in the workplace
- Implement essential life-saving skills
This Course is Designed For:
All employees wishing to refresher their original occupational first aid FETAC level 5 training. Participants who are over two years and three months past completion of original training will be unable to partake in this course. If they wish to continue to be certified as an occupational first aider, a three-day course must be re-completed.
This course is classroom-based; it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to the Course:
While pens and paper will be supplied, participants are free to bring their own. Participants should wear comfortable clothing for practical activities.