Patient Handling Instructors Course QQI Level 6
This course is designed to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to effectively design and deliver people handling instruction in the workplace.
- People handling risk assessment
- People handling principles and techniques
- Planning and design of people handling training programmes
- Delivery of people handling training
Upon successful completion of this course participants will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to:
- Explain the people handling risk assessment process
- Describe a range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of injury
- Apply the main principles of manual handling to a range of people handling tasks
- Carry out a range of appropriate people handling techniques to include transferring, supporting, gliding, sliding, rolling, sitting and standing
- Analyze the learner’s performance of people handling techniques
- Develop people handling training programmes, to include lesson plans
- Give effective instruction in practical people handling techniques
This Course is Designed For:
Personnel interested in training other staff in people handling.
This course is classroom based; it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to the Course:
While pens and paper will be supplied, participants are free to bring their own. Participants should wear comfortable clothing for practical activities.
Patient Handling Instructors Course QQI Level 6 run in Kildare.