EMPLOYMENT LAW COURSES
Three courses which will give the employer a good grounding in the key aspects of Employment law and practice.
DAY 1 – FOUNDATION COURSE (KNOW THE LAW)
This course is designed to give the employer or manager a good grounding in employment law and to make him aware of the duties and obligations of employers and employees.
The course will take the participant on the employment journey and indicate the key legal issues which arise.
- Advertising a position
- a. Drafting the advertisement
- b. Legal considerations
- a. Shortlisting
- b. Interviewing, treating candidates fairly
- c. Choosing the candidate
- d. Duties to applicants, keeping good records GDPR.
- The employment Contract
- a. What it must contain. Minimum Notice and Terms of Employment Act 1970-2001
- b. What it should contain to comply with good practice
- i. Payment of Wages Act
- iii. Pensions
- iii. Pensions
- iv. Policies / Employees Handbook
- c. Part-time v full-time employment. Protection of Employees (Fixed Term Work) Act 2003, Protection of Employees (Part-time Work) Act 2001
- Managing the Employment Relationship
- a. Rights and Duties of the Employer and Employee
- i. Organisation of Working Time Act
- ii. Statutory Leave (Maternity, Parental, etc.)
- iii. Health Safety and Welfare at Work Act.
- iv. Unfair Dismissals Act
- v. Equality (Employment Equality Act, Equality Act, Equal Status Act)
- Grievances and Disputes
- a. Handling grievances
- b. Disciplinary matters
- Grievances and Dispute (Third Party Rights)
- a. Workplace Relations Commission
- a. Dismissal
- b. Unfair Dismissal
- c. Resignation
Participants will understand the lifecycle of the employee as he passed through the stages of employment and the legal obligations and rights which both the employer and employee have under the law.