Overhead Gantry Crane
This course is essential for anyone working with overhead gantry cranes or in an area where they are being used. Overhead gantry cranes can be extremely dangerous if operated incorrectly. By completing this course participants will minimalize the risks involved in operating overhead gantry cranes.
- Good handling techniques and practice
- Start stopping operation
- Hazardous situations
- Safe use and maneuvering of crane
- Operators daily checks
- Introduction to the overhead gantry crane
- Controls and instruments
- Take-over and maintenance
- Operation of controls
- Weight assessment
- Maneuvering of crane in confined spaces
Upon successful completion of this course participants will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to:
- Complete an inspection on gantry cranes and lifting equipment
- Identify the load capacity of an overhead gantry crane
- Understand the potential hazards involved in using an overhead gantry crane
- Operate an overhead gantry crane in a safe manner
This Course is Designed For:
- Anyone involved with the use and operation of an overhead gantry crane.
This course is classroom based and it is highly interactive with role-playing playing and practical exercises to reinforce the participants understanding and learning.
What to Bring to This Course:
- There are no requirements for this course.