Manual Handling Instructors Course FETAC Level 6
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
This course is designed for trainers who are already certified as manual handling instructors. By completing this RPL course it allows instructors to upgrade their certification to FETAC Level 6.
- Review of manual handling course
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Lesson planning
- Demonstration and practise of manual handling move
- Assessment of manual handling moves
Upon successful completion of this course participants will gain the relevant skills and knowledge to:
- Explain the main components of relevant health and safety legislation
- Define the main components of the spinal column
- Explain the main risk factors for back injuries related to manual handling
- Describe the concepts of ergonomics
- Explain the manual handling risk assessment process
- Describe a range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of injuries
- Apply the main principles of inanimate manual handling to a range of manual handling tasks
- Analyse the learners performance of manual handling techniques
- Develop inanimate manual handling training programmes
- Deliver effective manual handling training programmes
- Demonstrate understanding of adult learning principles
- Give effective instruction in practical manual handling techniques
This Course is Designed For:
Current manual handling instructors looking to upgrade their qualification to FETAC standard.
This course is classroom based; it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to the Course:
Participants should wear comfortable clothing for practical activities. There will be extensive moving and stretching involved.
Duration of the Course:
A maximum of 12 participants per course.
On completion of this course, participants will receive a FETAC level 6 Instructing Manual Handling certificate.
Manual Handling Instructors Course FETAC Level 6 Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) run in Dublin, Cork and Limerick. View Dates
Download Course Outline