Breathing Apparatus Training
This course offers participants an opportunity to gain the necessary skills and knowledge needed to operate a breathing apparatus correctly and in a safe manner.
- Description of breathing apparatus set
- Correct procedures for cylinder connection to set
- Carrying out of high and low pressure tests on set
- Removal of set – individual practice
- Entry control procedures / calculations litres per minute
- Safety checks including check for positive pressure
- Use of the bypass
- Warning whistle activation
- Gauge readings
- Permit to work systems
Upon successful completion of this course participants will have gained to knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Handle a breathing apparatus correctly
- Fit the breathing apparatus and face mask correctly and safely
- Carry out all appropriate safety tests required for the breathing apparatus
This Course is Designed For:
All personnel who are required to use breathing apparatus
This course is classroom based it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to the Course:
While pens and paper will be supplied, participants are free to bring their own.
Duration of the Course:
A maximum of 8 per course
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Breathing Apparatus Training public courses TBC.
Download Course Outline