Fire Warden-Marshal Instructors Training Course
This course is designed to give participants the skills and confidence to deliver fire warden training to meet the requirements of both the 1981 Fire Services Act and regulation 9 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Legislation including health and safety, fire safety and building control regulations
- Fire science (fire triangle, combustion, fire spread, extinguishing fires)
- Codes of practice in relation to fire extinguishers, fire alarms and emergency lighting
- Understanding passive and active fire prevention controls
- Different types of fire extinguishers including the selection of fire extinguishers available
- Use of fire extinguishers, and the type of fire’s they can be used on
- Roles of the Fire Warden (pre-fire duties, fire duties, post fire duties)
- Discussions on different evacuation models
- We will also carry out sweeping a building, and will have a smoke-filled room to make the sweep more realistic.
- We will also look at the process of fire risk assessments.
- Discussions on evacuation around different sectors including hotels, nursing homes, preschools and general production facilities
Upon successful completion of this course participants will have the skill and knowledge to instruct and train learners:
- In their duties as fire wardens
- To understand the chemistry of fire
- To identify basic fire hazards in the workplace
- To carry out emergency evacuation drills
- To assist in the management of emergency evacuations
- To understand the different evacuation models
- Select and use the appropriate fire fighting equipment to deal with an undeveloped fire
This Course is Designed For:
This course is ideal for trainers assigned with the responsibility for training within your organisation or those involved in training on a consultative basis. As this course is limited to 2 days there is no train the trainer element, therefore trainers must have some training experience when attending this course.
This course is classroom based; it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to the Course:
There are no requirements for this course although participants should wear comfortable clothing for practical activities.
Duration of the Course:
A maximum of 10 per course
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a Fire Warden - Marshal Instructor certificate.
Fire Warden-Marshal Instructors Training Course public dates TBC.
Download Course Outline