IOSH Managing Safely
Locations & Dates:
|Dublin||19th, 20th, 26th & 27th February||Enquire|
|Cork||20th, 21st, 27th & 28th February||Enquire|
This course is aimed at personnel required to manage risk and resources. This course is also for those required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organisation’s policy and best practice in health and safety. The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the leading professional association of safety practitioners and are recognised internationally as the standard for the profession.
The course is suited to non-health and safety expert personnel who have to manage risk and resources.
- Introduction to managing safely
- Risk Assessing
- Controlling risks
- Identifying hazards
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- How to measure performance
- Protecting our environment
On completion of this course participants will have the skill and knowledge to:
- Explain the term ‘Managing Safely’
- Identify the competent parts of a recognised safety management system such as BS 8800, HSG65 or OHSAS 18001 and gain an appreciation of risk assessment within the system
- Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting
- Define hazards and risks and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of quantitative risk assessment techniques
- Identify workplace precautions hierarchies and the criteria for types of workplace precautions and controls
- Explain the purpose and techniques of an health and safety audit
- Outline the provisions of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, HSA guidance notes and other information sources
- Distinguish specific hazards both generally and from an organisational perspective
- Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and effective recording keeping
This Course Is Designed For:
This course is suited to non – health and safety expert personnel who have to manage risk and resources.
This course is classroom based; it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to This Course:
There are no requirements for this course.
A maximum of 12 participants per course.
On successful completion of the exam, participants will be awarded the IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
Duration of the Course:
This is a 4 day course.
© 2020 Samson Training – www.samsontraining.ie
All Rights Reserved
Lower Fitzwilliam Street
Dublin 2 Ireland
+353 (0)1 – 525 2454